No waiting while Black

The root cause issue is seeing black/poc people as objects, period.

Such as Mexicans portrayed as people with large hats that can’t speak English properly.

Nobody can speak English properly FFS.

The root cause isn’t that people see black people as objects. It’s white people’s imagination where two black guys waiting for a friend are doing something wrong.

They’re dehumanizing them. They’re not like everyone else, they’re not people, they’re just objects called “black”.

Bullshit. Dressing up like someone you admire is not dehumanizing someone nor is making funny memes for humour purposes.

Kicking black men out of Starbucks for waiting for a friend most definitely is dehumanizing.

You don’t get to decide when or why or if black people feel objectified. Who the fuck are you to decide?

Answer that fucking question. Talk about white privilege.

See, you are too busy hung up on slinging labels and playing buzzword bingo to get it. Things like Halloween costumes aren’t important. They are just a distraction and a symptom of a group/groups who feel powerless to make real change. I see it with women as well. Censorship is favoured rather than actual action.

I’m not here to tell people how they should feel but rather point out how focusing on the little shit that doesn’t really matter but it’s what is easy to control is taking focus away from the bigger issues like the one in the OP.

And fuck you and your white privilege buzzword bullshit.

It all matters to them and until people like you are willing to LISTEN and try to understand where they’re coming from, which cannot be accomplished on social media, nothing will change. If people like you, the “woke” ones :roll_eyes: don’t listen, how in the fuck can the racists ever be reached?

It won’t happen. You are hopeless, this is all hopeless.

I have zero hope on racial relations ever being normal. ZERO

See there you go again. Until people are willing to do things that actually matter in race relations, it is hopeless. But I’m not the problem but you so want to make me part of the problem when all I want to be is part of the solution.

Until we stop being divisive cunts towards each other by taking exception to everything each other does, we will get no where.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO FUCKING LISTEN FIRST.

LISTEN. GODDAMIT, LISTEN.

YOU’RE NOT OPEN TO IT. LIKE TYPICAL WHITE PEOPLE YOU WANT TO DO ALL THE TALKING AND DECIDING AND FIGURING AND ANAYLYZING WITHOUT LISTENING TO OTHERS’ STORIES

YOU CAN FIX SHIT UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO LISTEN.

JESUS CHRIST I’M TELLING YOU WHAT MOST PEOPLE OF COLOR WANT FIRST

FOR WHITE PEOPLE TO STFU FOR ONCE IN YOUR PRIVILEGED LIVES AND LISTEN TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY.

IT’S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, BUT IT DOES TAKE A WHIT OF HUMILITY

Again, I can’t hear the important issues because they are being drowned out by outrage over Halloween and memes!

Do you get it yet?

You can’t hear the important issues because YOU HAVE MADE DECISIONS FOR POC what the fuck they should feel, think and express.

That’s why you can’t hear. Your arrogance deafens you.

You talk about being involved in community projects, campaigns, whatever and you don’t know the first fucking thing about the first step.

Meeting people where they’re at. That’s it. You start with where they’re at and then together, with open minds, hearts and fucking ears, trust is built.

Those are the first steps to all of it.

What the fuck are you accomplishing by wagging your finger and telling people they’re wrong? Post one thing you’ve actually accomplished with your methodology with a black or brown person.

Yeah when we get together with community members to make change, Halloween costumes usually kick off the list of important issues.

Tell me more…

How many black people are there to begin with? And what are their issues? Each community might be different, but you call poll most black people and they don’t like black face or any such stupid shit.

FACT

Again, I’m really not thinking Halloween costumes (that’s not “blackface” btw) are even a top 10 pressing issue for most black people in America.

You seem to have your pulse on coloured America. Would you say that’s inaccurate?

Yeah I know this shit gets covered a lot but I don’t think if black people were asked to rate issues, brown make-up on a white girl for Halloween even ranks.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And you know this how?

If you don’t think race issues are important to black people considering their history, you don’t know the first thing about black people.

How many in your town? 2?

I listen.

I hear people mourning their dead loved ones who were shot for NOTHING by cops. Children dying as people walk free for their murders.

I hear them in prisons. There’s so many of them it’s deafening. Fathers taken away from their children, men taken out of communities and boys without mentors.

I hear people living in unimaginable poverty and in neighbourhoods that hear gunfire almost nightly. I listen to kids learn how to treat gunshot wounds instead of learning CPR.

I hear people who work multiple jobs and still can’t make ends meet. I hear they get passed up for jobs because they have black names. I hear they have the same issue trying to get into post secondary.

I hear them begging for proper funding for their schools that they don’t get because racist assholes don’t think they deserve it.

I watch the news and documentaries too.

What I’ve never seen a documentary about is current black people suffering because of Halloween makeup.

Have you?