Pics that Make You Feel

What type is it???

Don’t know. I’d guess from the size it could be a right whale, it looks like some variety of baleen whale at any rate. Doing a google image search might reveal more.

Read some where that it was not a real pic. Developed for marketing a movie. I will see if I can find it…Supposedly Moby Dick…

Google image indicates that the image has been “around” and is understood to be a blue whale somewhere in the Pacific. That’s all I can learn about it.

Blue whales are the largest animal to have ever existed. They’re up to 30 metres long.

Holy cow!

The Statue of Liberty, by Tamam Azzam, a Syrian artist, built with the debris from his own house.

amazing work and message

great addition to the thread

Is that an actual image of a shark? Like no photoshop?

So I understand. It won a national award recently.

That’s an unbelievable image.

It made you FEEL disbelief?

Great Whites do jump for food, and often breach when hunting.

I’ve seen a photo credit to Bob Burton of the National Geographic. But then, there is this:

Either way, it’s a neat image.

I suppose, but it raises the question of why one would chop an image that could more simply just be photographed. It seems perverse.

The great Man Ray once observed (not an exact quote) I paint what cannot be photographed, that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive…I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence.