Surname fun

Find out what your surname means-something fun

Merde, stupit site won’t tell me anything without registering.

There’s a place to enter your last name. No?

You just have to register if you want the complete family history.

No real info unless you register.

So after reading this, I found out I’m not English haha

Mine says:
Historically, surnames evolved as a way to sort people into groups - by occupation, place of origin, clan affiliation, patronage, parentage, adoption, and even physical characteristics (like red hair). Many of the modern surnames in the dictionary can be traced back to Britain and Ireland.

Ooooo red hair.

So you’re saying says you come from a line of folks with coarse pubic hair?

Shud up

I have a soul damn it.

I should add the coarse hair was females redheads only

I got blocked, saying they might be trying to steal my information.

Canadians hate us for are freedoms.

I dont hate you for that. I have been learning more about your species :stuck_out_tongue:

German and French (Alsace): probably a habitational name for someone from Wambel in North Rhine-Westphalia.

My heritagely-correct name ( great great grandma dropped a letter when immigrating)… yieled the same results.

Could be, I’d always thought yer name derived from the ancient fable “Weebles wample, but they don’t fall down”

Mine says the exact same thing. It’s just to get you to sign up.

Them bustards!!!
I knew i shouldn’t have signed up. $34 bucks down the drain!!

Hey wth, this is what I got after shelling out $34.00 in Merican Money! (Which is roughly equivilant to about 40 dollars in Monopoly Money)

“Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine.”

I feel used.

I got signed up for by an Australian woman who mistyped her email address. I went and reset the password and updated her profile to say she’s the one in the family who isn’t too bright.

Wow, for a typo? That’s harsh.

And awesome.

I know but after two years of getting all sorts of shit because she can’t type, it was justified IMHO.